(1) Comfortable Foot Pedals – Are the elliptical pedals adjustable or nonadjustable pedals?
(2) Heart Monitor – Most premium elliptical models have a built in heart monitors so you know when your hitting your targeted heart rate.
(3) Noise Level – Unless you”re shopping strictly in the budget section most models are pretty quiet. The magnetic resistance models are quieter than belts.
(4) Safety Features – Automatic machine turnoffs are always a good idea especially when children are there. Look at the maximum suggested weight load. Following these manufacturers guideline will help ensure that the equipment will remain in proper working order.
(5) Size – Remember most full size ellipitcals are big. The average ellipticals are about 5 to 7 feet long, which takes up a sizeable amount of floor space. While space-saving ellipticals can fold down for easy storage, others must stay in their upright form when not in use.
(6) Stride Length – (5″3″ or smaller) can use elliptical machines that have an 16″ to 18″ stride length, and if you are 5″7″ to 6″7″ your best choice will be a 20″ or 21″ stride length.
(7) Warranty – Very important especially when making your purchase online.